One night, I was looking for something fast to make for dinner, we had almost nothing in the house but a head of cauliflower that I was considering making buffalo wings out of, and a half container of yogurt. Wanting to use the yogurt, I got a little inventive and created this masterpiece, the Roasted Cauliflower in Curry Yogurt Sauce.
I have been waiting a looooooooong time to share this recipe and I’m so excited to bring this to you today! It’s a true testament to the fact that sometimes the best things come from a almost empty kitchen. It was created on accident and is now one of my number one most requested recipes from Andrew.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s fast! It’s ready in about 30 minutes and is so easy to make. You just cut the cauliflower, roast it and toss together the sauce while it’s baking. It’s insane how simple and how delicious it is.
Now, you can serve this with rice, or greens, we have even tossed it all with rice and created like a curry fried rice and that was good. But, I’ll be honest, we usually just eat it straight out of the bowl. 2 heads of cauliflower gone in about 10 minutes, it’s that good.
This yogurt sauce is so perfect and versatile, you can use it with anything! It’s creamy, spicy, flavorful and a beautiful rich color. If you’re curious about any of the spices, most can be found in the spice isle of your grocery store, you may have to go to the ethnic foods isle for turmeric. I highly recommend investing in all of these spices though, they can take your dishes to the next level and make impromptu cooking a breeze.
Whatever you’re doing this week, make this recipe! I promise you won’t regret it. Thank so much for reading, stay warm out there my friends.
Jackie & Andrew
Roasted Cauliflower in Curry Yogurt Sauce
One of the best cauliflower recipes ever! Crispy roasted cauliflower tossed in a spicy, bold, creamy curry yogurt sauce. Perfect as an appetizer to share to to eat all for yourself.
Author: Jackie DeSana
Recipe type: Dinner, Appetizer
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 head Cauliflower, sliced into thin florets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp zaatar
- 2 tbs lemon juice (1-2 lemons depending on the size)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs mayo
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the cauliflower florets on a large baking sheet in toss in the olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake covered for 10 minutes and uncovered for another 10 minutes until they start to brown.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, add the yogurt, mustard, turmeric, curry powder, zaatar, lemon juice, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion powder and mayonnaise to a medium bowl. Whisk together until the ingredients are fully incorporated. The sauce will be bright yellow.
- When the cauliflower is done, place it directly into the sauce and toss until fully coated. Andrew and I eat this straight out of the bowl but it's also fantastic tossed in rice. I've also made it as a fried rice where i stir fry the rice with the cauliflower and then toss it in the sauce.
*To make this Vegan, I recommend using a vegan sour cream or vegan yogurt made with cashews. In my opinion, coconut yogurt is a little too sweet to go with this recipe.