Whew … just like that Christmas is over and I can’t believe it! The gifts have been exchanged, the food has been eaten and the wine has been drunk. Next up, New Year’s Eve! Now, I know NYE is the day for champagne cocktails but it’s been so damn cold lately I figured I show you all a recipe that is perfect for a chill night with friends when it’s freezing outside, Crockpot Mulled Bourbon Apple Cider.
I have made this recipe for my friend’s holiday party the last three year and it is always a big hit! It’s so easy to make, you just throw everything in the Crockpot before anyone arrives, go back to cooking or cleaning, and by the time you’re ready you have the perfect sweet, spiced, and most importantly, warm cocktail.
This recipe is made to be done in a smaller Crockpot so if you have a large one feel free to double it up! I have to warn you to be careful with it though, it can really sneak up on you! It’s so delicious you don’t realized that there’s almost a whole bottle of whiskey in it!
I hope everyone had an amazing holiday and got to spend time with family and people they love. Now it’s time to buckle down for the rest of winter and for those long few months of drinking indoors, turn to this recipe! Thanks so much for reading and be sure to hit that subscribe button on your way out!
Until Next Time,
Jackie & Andrew
Crockpot Mulled Bourbon Apple Cider
Keep warm this winter with this super easy, sweet, spiced Mulled Bourbon Apple Cider throw together in the Crockpot.
Author: Jackie DeSana
Recipe type: Cocktail
Serves: 12 servings
- 2 cups bourbon
- 5 cups apple cider or simply apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tbs whole all spice berries
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- peel and juice of 1 orange
- peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 medium square of cheesecloth
- Pour the apple cider into the Crockpot. Stir in the ground nutmeg and cinnamon. Wrap the orange peels, lemon peels, all spice, ginger and cinnamon sticks in the cheesecloth and place it into the Crockpot with the apple cider. Squeeze in the orange juice and lemon juice. Turn the Crockpot on high and let sit for 1 hour.
- When an hour is up, add in the whiskey and stir. Heat for another half hour. Serve with another cinnamon stick and orange peels! You can leave it in the Crockpot on low or on warm if you have that setting.