This recipe is EXCELLENT! It’s healthy, fresh, delicious and even filling! You can eat it as a side or alone as your dinner. You can also make the salad vegan and gluten free with very easy substitutions. Enjoy!
Until Next Time,
- Brussels Sprout Salad and Dijon Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, shredded thin
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 lemons juiced (about 2 tbs of juice)
- 6 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Generous Pinches of Salt and Pepper
- Top with Sliced Avocado and Parmesan Cheese
- Smoky Roasted Pecans
- 1½ cups pecans, chopped
- 1 tbs grapeseed oil**
- ½ cup soy sauce***
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsps cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsps Liquid Smoke
- Small pinch of salt and pepper
- Start with the pecans! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While it is preheating roughly chop the pecans and place them on a baking sheet.
In a small bowl add the soy sauce, grapeseed oil, maple syrup, cumin, smoked paprika, liquid smoke and salt and pepper and whisk them all together. Once you have mixed all of the ingredients, pour them over the pecans and toss until the pecans are completely covered. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. They should be browned and crispy. If you have an old oven like myself make sure to keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
- While the pecans are cooking, shred the Brussels sprouts. You can use a sliding disc attachment on a food processor, but if you don't have one you can cut them by hand. I cut mine by hand by trimming the end off, slicing them in half lengthwise and then slicing the halves very thin. Don't worry if some of the pieces seem too hard, they work in great with this crispy deliciousness of this salad. Place the shredded Brussels sprouts into a bowl when you're finished.
- To make the dressing, add the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard chopped garlic and salt and pepper to either a large bowl or a jar with a lid. I used a mason jar because it's easy to shake but you can also use a bowl and just whisk all the ingredients together.
- To put the salad together, toss the Brussels sprouts with Parmesan cheese and the Smoky Roasted Pecans. Then add the dressing and toss. Serve topped with sliced avocado and sprinkle with paprika as a garnish. Enjoy!
**Grapeseed oil is a great oil for high heat cooking, however, if you don't have it on hand you can substitute olive oil for this recipe.
***Make this gluten-free by substituting Tamari for soy sauce